Akers-Enterprises

Akers-Enterprises
Christian Blogs, Christian Store

Friday, November 14, 2014

Reflecting Sin

    Reflecting sin, is the sin that we struggle the most with. It is the sin
that stares back at us, when we look in the mirror. The sin that causes us
the greatest struggle in our day to day lives, is our reflective sin.
    Because we struggle with a particular sin, makes it the easiest for us
to spot in others. In my recovery process and my recovery ministry, it
has always been possible for me to spot people that struggle with addictive
sin. It just takes a few moments, a little conversation, and my addictive
radar goes into alert.
    This is for my benefit, as God tries to help me fight my addictions.
This sixth sense help me to keep my guard up, while at the same time,
allowing me to help others struggling with their addictions.
    If this sixth sense wasn't present in my life, I would be more
susceptible to fall back into my addiction. As I write this, the
addictive sin in my life, is trying to attack me. As a Christian, I realize
that Jesus Christ has all ready won this battle for me. But as a person,
I realize that I am weak, when certain sins attack me. This constant
struggle keeps me holding on to my Saviors, nail scarred hands,
because only through Jesus Christ can I continue to succeed in winning
this battle.
    Our reflecting sin, can be used by God, if we allow it to be. We can
help others to hold onto Jesus hand and receive God's blessings. Because
we are familiar with the battle that happens with our reflective sin, we
are the people best prepared to help others walk, where we have walked.
    We are never the answer, God is. We can be the tool that God uses
to help someone else become an overcomer. The addictive mess of our
former life, can become a message to help others turn their mess into
a message. We can turn our weakness into God's tool to help others.
    After all, isn't that what Christianity is all about!


No comments:

Post a Comment