Akers-Enterprises

Akers-Enterprises
Christian Blogs, Christian Store

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Save Your Christian Marriage

    Divorce is one of the most devastating catastrophes to happen in any
family. Whether you are a Christian or not, God wasn't kidding when
He said the two shall become one flesh. I can speak about the devastation
of divorce, from a personal point of view.
    In January of 1991 my wife of 11 years filed for divorce. I, like many
spouses had no idea it was coming. I knew we weren't happy. I knew
that my wife was seeing a psychologist and a psychiatrist, because of
the trauma caused by a head-on collision. I just figured, as Christians
committed to each other, that everything would work out, but it didn't.
    After the divorce papers, after living in separate homes, after our
5 year old daughter started to spend time between two homes, only
after all of this, did I actually start working on saving our Christian 
marriage.
    God was gracious to both my wife and I, and after 8 months, two
months after the divorce was final, my wife and I were remarried. God
is still a God of miracles. I wish that I could tell you that it has been
smooth sailing since 1991, but it hasn't. We still struggle from time to
time. I fail my wife. She fails me. Sometimes we fail each other at the
same time.
    These lessons and books are a great way to bring a marriage back into
oneness. Because only when a married couple are acting as one unit, can
we even begin to understand how The Father, The Son, and The Spirit
are one in mind and purpose. The act of saving our Christian marriages
is a reflection of the bond between God and Israel, between Jesus and
His Bride, the church.
    God hates divorce, even though God handed to Israel a decree of
divorce, (Jeremiah 3:8). But God also reconciled with Israel and the
world through His Son, Jesus Christ.
    God is all about: forgiveness, love, long suffering, and reconciliation.
    If you are struggling in your marriage, I would encourage you to buy
Save Your Christian Marriage now, before it gets worse.
    If you are already in the midst of a divorce, God can still save your
marriage. I know, because I've been through a divorce and a re-marriage.

I pray daily, for everyone on my Email list. I would consider it a privilege
to pray for your marriage. E-mail me at: akers-enterprises@att.net





No comments:

Post a Comment