Akers-Enterprises

Akers-Enterprises
Christian Blogs, Christian Store

Thursday, September 11, 2014

9/11 Never Forget

    When I think back on 9/11/2001, I remember that I was driving from
Dallas, Tx. to Amarillo, Tx. to take my 10 hr. break, as a truck driver. I was
listening to the radio as the reports started to hit the airwaves.
    When the first plane hit the tower, I started to pray for those that had died
and for the many others that would parish from such a horrific tragedy. Then
the reports came about a second plane hitting the other tower, and I knew that
we, the United States of America had been targeted. Then the report of the
Pentagon being hit, and lastly the report of a plane down in Pennsylvania.
    The anger and tears just started to overtake me, and I pulled off to the side of
the road and just sat there and cried, so much that the anger left and the grieving
began. Grieving for all those people that were lost. Grieving for our country, and
the inevitable war, that we would have, when America found out who and what
had attacked us.
    This was not my first time to witness this type of tragedy and the after-math
that followed. In 1995 I was in El Reno, Ok., going to truck driving school, when
The Federal Building in Oklahoma City was bombed. El Reno, Ok. is 30 miles
from Oklahoma City, I felt the ground shake and being from California, I thought
earthquake, but only minutes later, we learned of the bombing.
    I knew that America, this country that I love, would not rest until we knew who
had attacked us.
    In the aftermath of 9/11, I remember this country had a great revival. We came
together, not only as a country but as a nation of Christians. As a country and
as a people, we had been knocked to our knees, and in our anger, fear, grief and
torment, we as a country began to pray.
    We prayed as we watched people being carried from the rubble. We prayed
for the families that were looking for their loved ones. We prayed for our
leaders and the tough decisions that would be coming from Washington, New
York, and Pennsylvania. We prayed for our country.
    America had been knocked to its knees many times, but we knew what to do
while we were on our knees. We pray!
    Today, as we remember those we lost on 9/11.
    Today, as we remember those families that will never see their loved ones
again.
    Today, would be a great time to fall on our knees and pray for God to start
a Revival in this great land of ours.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment